sortm Reference Guide
[return-to: MH Reference Guide]
[table of contents] [index]
sortm: sort messages
- +folder (default: current folder)
- Folder name
- msgs (default: all)
- Message(s) to sort
- -datefield field (default: Date:)
- Field to use for date sorts
- -textfield field
- Field to use for text sorts
- -notextfield (default)
- Don't sort on text field
- -limit days
- On -textfield sort, group messages sent within
days days of each other
- -nolimit (default)
- On -textfield sort, group all messages with same textfield
- Explain actions before and during sort
- -noverbose (default)
- Be quiet
[Table of Contents] [Index]
[Return to: MH Reference Guide]
Last change $Date: 1996/06/06 15:12:58 $
This file is from the third edition of the book MH & xmh: Email
for Users & Programmers, ISBN 1-56592-093-7, by Jerry Peek.
Copyright © 1991, 1992, 1995 by O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
This file is freely-available; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation. For more information, see
the file copying.htm.
Suggestions are welcome:
Jerry Peek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Questions or problems regarding this web site should be directed to Steve Gielda.
Copyright © 1999 www.cotse.com. All rights reserved.
Last modified: Friday April 02, 1999.