rcvtty Reference Guide
[return-to: MH Reference Guide]
[table of contents] [index]
rcvtty: notify user about message from standard input
- UNIX command to read message and format for tty
(default: scan-like listing)
- -form formatfile, more...
- scan-like format file for message display
- Notify if biff y used (default: mesg y
- -newline (default)
- Output a newline character before notice
- Don't output newline before notice
- -bell (default)
- Ring terminal bell before notice
- Don't ring bell
[Table of Contents] [Index]
[Return to: MH Reference Guide]
Last change $Date: 1996/06/06 15:12:49 $
This file is from the third edition of the book MH & xmh: Email
for Users & Programmers, ISBN 1-56592-093-7, by Jerry Peek.
Copyright © 1991, 1992, 1995 by O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
This file is freely-available; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation. For more information, see
the file copying.htm.
Suggestions are welcome:
Jerry Peek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Questions or problems regarding this web site should be directed to Steve Gielda.
Copyright © 1999 www.cotse.com. All rights reserved.
Last modified: Friday April 02, 1999.