prompter Reference Guide
[return-to: MH Reference Guide]
[table of contents] [index]
prompter: prompting editor front-end
- -erase character (default: system value)
- Character that erases previous character
- -kill character (default: system value)
- Character that erases line
- -prepend (default)
- Insert new message text before existing message body
- -noprepend, more...
- Add new message text at end of message
- -rapid, more...
- Don't display message body
- -norapid (default)
- Display message body
- Exit with dot at start of empty line or end-of-input
- -nodoteof (default)
- Only exit with end-of-input character (usually CTRL-D)
- file (required)
- Relative or absolute pathname of draft file
[Table of Contents] [Index]
[Return to: MH Reference Guide]
Last change $Date: 1996/06/06 15:12:44 $
This file is from the third edition of the book MH & xmh: Email
for Users & Programmers, ISBN 1-56592-093-7, by Jerry Peek.
Copyright © 1991, 1992, 1995 by O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
This file is freely-available; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation. For more information, see
the file copying.htm.
Suggestions are welcome:
Jerry Peek <email@example.com>
Questions or problems regarding this web site should be directed to Steve Gielda.
Copyright © 1999 www.cotse.com. All rights reserved.
Last modified: Friday April 02, 1999.