The level of logging can be set for
sendmail. The default using a standard configuration table is level 9.
The levels are as follows:
- No logging.
- Serious system failures and potential security problems.
- Lost communications (network problems) and protocol failures.
- Other serious failures.
- Minor failures.
- Message collection statistics.
- Creation of error messages,
VRFY and EXPN commands.
- Delivery failures (host or user unknown, etc.).
- Successful deliveries and alias database rebuilds.
- Messages being deferred
(due to a host being down, etc.).
- Database expansion (alias, forward, and userdb lookups).
- Logs attempts to run locked queue files.
These are not errors,
but can be useful to note if your queue appears to be clogged.
- Lost locks (only if using lockf instead of flock).
values above 64 are reserved for extremely verbose debugging output.
No normal site would ever set these.
[Contents] [Previous] [Next]
Questions or problems regarding this web site should be directed to Steve Gielda.
Copyright © 1999 www.cotse.com. All rights reserved.
Last modified: Friday April 02, 1999.